Systems Administrator with experience in the software development environment including hosted servers and SaaS environments. This position will be in our office in Tysons Corner, VA.
The responsibilities for this position include supporting networks, Windows Servers, IIS, SQL and end user PCs for internal as well as customer site locations. This position will report to the Director of IT and assist in supporting software development, QA and customer support teams. Direct interaction with prospective and active customers to perform discovery, assess requirements and effectively communicate solutions is expected. Anticipated travel for this role would be mostly limited to multiple offices in the DC metro area but could include occasional national travel.
- 2-4 years of systems administration experience
- Configure, Install and Support custom software in Microsoft server environments
- IIS, MS SQL Server, Active Directory
- Citrix XenApp
- Managing servers in a virtual environment, VMware or other
- Remotely maintain servers in a datacenter environment
- Assisting with planning moves or new build-outs
- Maintaining network and data center documentation
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Ability to identify basic parts of network equipment – Firewalls, Routers, Switches
- Ability to identify basic parts of servers – memory, network card, hard drives, etc.
- Citrix Xenapp or MS Remote Desktop environments
- Backup Exec or Veem backup technologies
- VMware or other virtual server environments
- Working knowledge of SAN storage technologies
- Microsoft Server Products including Exchange, DNS
- VPN or Ipsec tunnel experience
- Any experience with cloud-based development and deployment in AWS or MS Azure environments.