JAMIS Software Corporation is a leading provider of ERP software solutions designed specifically for government contractors and other project-focused organizations. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence. The company offers JAMIS Prime ERP, which is a government contract accounting software comprising finance/project accounting, time and expense management, business planning/forecasting, distribution, human capital management (HCM), CRM, and fixed asset modules. For almost 30 years, JAMIS has been partnering with top names in federal contracting, including Booz Allen Hamilton, Alion Science, Boeing, Jacobs Engineering, J&J Worldwide, IBM, M1 Support Services, Urban Institute, and many more.
The ideal Vice President of Sales must have a data and technology sales background. As the Vice President of Sales, you will need to have the drive, stamina, creativity, a genuine desire to continually exceed set targets, and be hungry to win! You are responsible for recruiting new sales members, monitoring, and reporting on sales goals, adjusting tactics as needed to reach them. You will drive company revenue and growth and build a sales organization that operates impeccably for long-term success! We are looking for a strategic thinker and exceptional communicator who will be excited to develop and execute sales strategies while working cross-functionally with product and marketing teams to ensure customer success and drive the company’s growth.
The Vice President of Sales must be in the Washington Metropolitan area (DC, Maryland, and Virginia), will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer while working closely with marketing and other executives to drive strategic direction and resource allocation for the company.
- Own the pipeline, target/achievement, and sales metrics for the assigned vertical and business.
- Build a sales plan, work that plan, and evaluate and revise as required to maximize the business opportunities.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s annual and growth sales goals.
- Develop a holistic revenue strategy encompassing marketing, business development, and sales to generate demand and achieve growth.
- Seek new opportunities to expand the client base as well as cultivate strong long-term relationships with existing clients.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to the company leadership team and other company functions.
- Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers, prospects, reseller/referral partners.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the CRO and CEO in all critical decision-making using a data-driven approach.
- Work closely with our VP of Marketing in order to ensure strategic alignment and effective sales support from our marketing team.
- Provides clear, direct communication to senior leaders and other functional managers to ensure a consistent understanding of business opportunities, resource needs and profitability goals.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization’s team, leads by example through individual sales performance, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Ensure that the team has the knowledge, skills, and developmental plans to overachieve in their assigned quotas.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Build a sales culture that supports JAMIS’ company values.
- Ensure that all sales opportunities are accurately recorded and maintained in SalesForce.com to enable accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue forecasts.
- Attend industry events across the country in order to build meaningful relationships with key industry executives and drive enterprise and channel growth.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
- A Master’s in business administration is preferred, not required.
- Minimum 10 years of sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment and experience in government contracting.
- Sales management/leadership experience in tech-enabled service and/or SAAS organizations.
- Proven track record of successfully scaling revenue through multiple stages of company growth.
- Established history of achieving/surpassing sales-targeted revenue objectives in an environment where relationship building is essential to success.
- Proven development of excellent client relationship skills and strong communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ownership of both company and client goals/objectives, focused on understanding, meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
What we offer
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; 401(k) with generous employer match; and paid time off.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume with the title of this job listing in the subject line: Jobs@jamis.com