JAMIS SOFTWARE CORPORATION – CORPORATE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
This position is based out of our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
JAMIS Software Corporation is a leading provider of ERP software solutions designed specifically for government contractors and other project-focused organizations. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence. The company offers JAMIS Prime ERP, which is a government contract accounting software comprising finance/project accounting, time and expense management, business planning/forecasting, distribution, human capital management (HCM), CRM, and fixed asset modules. For almost 30 years, JAMIS has been partnering with top names in federal contracting, including Booz Allen Hamilton, Alion Science, Boeing, Jacobs Engineering, J&J Worldwide, IBM, M1 Support Services, Urban Institute, and many more.
JAMIS is currently seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, results-oriented and service-driven Senior Accountant who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment. The ideal candidate should have a strong and broad Accounting experience and the ability to apply exceptional GAAP knowledge and industry best practices to business scenarios. The Senior Accountant is ultimately responsible for entering journal entries, preparing reconciliations, and providing complex reports and analytics to management. The ideal candidate will have the ability to maintain accurate detailed and confidential records, possess strong analytical and time management skills, be able to effectively communicate with associates at all levels, and possess the ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills. This position is based at JAMIS Software Corporation in Boulder and reports directly to the Vice President of Finance/HR and Administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations within the monthly closing cycle, providing excellent details and addressing any necessary corrections promptly.
- Manage prepaid expense and accrued expense accounts, amortizing/accruing expenses appropriately, and providing detailed backup for balances.
- Review and post receivable and payable batches to ensure transactions are accurately coded.
- Ensure that financial transactions are correctly recorded through the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Corporate policies.
- Review customer contracts to ensure proper revenue treatment includes setting up contracts in ERP system and evaluating the proper revenue carve out for different components within customer contract.
- Manage and process payroll for US operations.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to increase financial reporting accuracy.
- Develop, drive and improve internal policies & procedures to ensure compliance and the highest integrity of the Company’s financial results.
- Prepare schedules for year-end audit of US operation and respond to audit-related inquiries.
- Perform other related accounting/financial duties as requested by the VP of Finance and Senior Management team.
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc reporting and analytics as needed.
- Effectively manage and execute additional special projects as required.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general ledger accounting and financial reporting.
- Deep understanding of accounting, revenue recognition, corporate finance concepts, and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Experience with the software industry and high technology sector is highly desirable.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills is a must.
- Strong attention to detail and a solid analytic skill base.
- Ability to proactively manage priorities and goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Be an independent high-level contributor, who can function with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit strong decision-making skills and the ability to grasp and communicate complex concepts quickly and independently.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must have a results-oriented work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude.
- The ability to work in a small team environment is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER
JAMIS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
JAMIS utilizes the E-Verify program with every potential new hire. This makes it possible for us to make certain that every employee who works for JAMIS is eligible to work in the United States.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; 401(k) with generous employer match; and paid time off.
Candidates should email resume to Jobs@jamis.com