Location: McLean, VA or the surrounding area
The Director, Learning and Development will oversee all JAMIS external and internal training, including the overall training and education strategy, content creation & delivery. This role includes broad authority to build and shape future training and services strategy in order to prepare the organization for continued growth. The ideal candidate will incorporate the right mix of training leadership with the savvy acumen to understand JAMIS’ end-user base expectations for consuming training around utilizing the software. Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference!
As Director, Learning and Development, you’ll work directly with the VP of Professional Services & Product Delivery, and play a critical role in the growth and success of the company.
- Create and execute a comprehensive training strategy designed to maximize client adoption, increase application stickiness, drive revenue growth, and build internal expertise
- Oversee the design and creation of all internal and external training content. Ensure that courses conform to best practices in instructional design, are consistent with JAMIS’ brand and messaging, and provide real value to our clients
- Collaborate with our services team to deliver live and pre-recorded application training to clients and partners
- Create and direct the team in the creation of training materials including training video or audio, and participant materials
- Designs and delivers E-Learning courses, workshops, and other training materials.
- Work with Marketing and Product Development to ensure that new features are properly introduced to our install base via new courses, client-community activity, and other content
- Interface with key Stakeholders (Clients, Product Management, Sales and Account Management, Services, Support, and HR) to ensure a consistent approach in developing training for solutions, sales, services teams, and new employees
- Manage the JAMIS client-facing Learning Management System (LMS)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the program through defined success metrics and stakeholder feedback
- Maintain a positive and effective team culture that allows all participants to contribute to their full potential
- Effectively lead, mentor and grow a team of professional training professionals. Ensure the effective planning, coordination, and completion of all training and development programs
- Ensure that all training programs are consistent with, and supporting, company legal, regulatory and compliance guidelines
- BS Degree in Training & Development, Education, Human Resources, Psychology, Business, or any other related fields is a must; an equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable
- MBA a plus
- 10+ years of experience in eLearning, instructional design, training services or related fields
- 5+ years of experience leading training and eLearning teams
- 5+ years of experience in government contracting, preferring a Finance or Accounting background
- Excellent communication skills with a well-developed ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to influence, collaborate and interact effectively with senior leadership teams and multiple key stakeholders to align on objectives and provide consistent training direction
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Exceptional oral, written, composition and grammatical skills
- Strong business understanding and knowledge
What we offer
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; 401(k) with generous employer match; and paid time off
No relocation is applicable for this position