JAMIS Software Corporation (JAMIS) is looking for an End User Training Instructor that lives in or near the McLean, VA area. No relocation can be provided.
JAMIS Software Corporation (JAMIS) provides a leading-edge ERP solution to Government Contractors and Commercial companies. Our market is growing rapidly, and we have a need for individuals to join our Learning and Development department (L&D) to provide for the knowledge needs of our internal staff and clients.
JAMIS is a growing company that has been supporting government contractors for more than 30 years, specializing in Finance and Accounting software. Our new ERP software supports the full business processes of our clients with state of the art technology. We have offices in San Diego, California; Lakewood, Colorado; Coral Springs, Florida, and Mclean, Virginia.
This position offers someone with a passion for training an opportunity to develop and lead End User Training on our ERP software. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to leverage their skills and interests in support of the knowledge needs of our clients and staff. The L&D department is headquartered in Mclean, Virginia. JAMIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JAMIS is seeking an experienced instructor, preferably of Government Contracting financial software, to conduct user-training on our ERP software. Training may be delivered via formal or informal settings including classroom training, virtual presentations, and one-on-one assistance. This role also includes developing course material as new functionality becomes rapidly available. This role may also involve developing customized courses and materials.
This instructor must have good communication skills and enjoy helping others advance their knowledge of our ERP and developing new processes. We believe in building and sustaining long-term relationships based on our customer service reputation. Training requires internal and external support of customer implementations and require cross-departmental coordination. Travel is required.
The position reports to the Director of Learning and Development in Mclean, Virginia.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver training programs, as a part of client project implementation teams, to end-users by instructor-led classroom training and virtual training.
- Conduct User-Training on JAMIS Prime ERP via the classroom and virtual settings.
- Develop, update, and test course material to maintain currency.
- Coordinate with Program Managers and other staff to meet client knowledge needs.
- Assist with e-Learning course design and development.
- Assist with other functional areas of L&D as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and satisfy internal and external knowledge needs.
- Work cross-functionally with Professional Services, Technical Writers and Development to create documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of JAMIS Product and Services.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional training role involving software applications. Government contracting and or accounting is preferred.
- Experienced in writing and designing training for business application systems.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in adult education.
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time.
- Ability to collaboratively work as an L&D resource cross-functionally.
- Must have strong oral and written communication and listening skills.
- Ideally would have a strong understanding of common industry standards and business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Invoicing), Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfillment) and Business Intelligence.
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to pass a background check.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'End User Training Instructor' in the subject line.