JAMIS Software is seeking a proven ERP sales professional to prospect and sells directly to government contracting companies in a defined geographic territory. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing the sales process through qualification, analysis, product demonstration, negotiation, and close. JAMIS is looking for a seasoned, aggressive, success-oriented individual with a proven record of exceeding sales targets, a high level of commitment, and a strong desire to be part of a top-notch sales team. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Develop and execute a multi-tenant sales plan to meet and exceed annual sales targets
- Continuously refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing techniques
- Create new opportunities from prospecting activities, solution positioning, qualifying, and closing techniques
- Maintain up to date sales activity and highly accurate new business forecast in Salesforce
- Maintain and report weekly booking forecast to VP of Sales
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
- Ability to articulate market requirements to product management for product roadmap input
- Articulate advice to assist marketing on capturing and driving brand awareness
- Keep current with GovCon market trends and challenges
- Understand prospect’s business strategy and needs to help formulate winning sales solution
- Understand trends with digital strategy and ERP technology
- Keep abreast of JAMIS products and services
- Present JAMIS at trade shows and conventions
- Be the prime liaison on proposal development bringing all relevant resources to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Finance, or related field
- At least 5+ years of quota carrying software sales experience (Consultative selling)
- Experience with complex software solutions focused on financial management/accounting or ERP
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and closing skills
- Excel at hunting and closing new business against brand name competitors, and developing advisor-based relationships
- Great team player with strong drive and willingness to take a leadership role in driving initiatives, ability to leverage available resources including presales and marketing team to help develop pipeline growth within the territory.
- Enthusiasm for challenges, results-oriented, and strong work ethic
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Time management and organization skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel 25%+
- Prior experience selling Enterprise software solutions to Government Contracting is a plus
- Knowledge of business processes as they relate to service-based project enterprises
- Ability to exhibit a strong executive presence
What we offer
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We offer a culture that fosters career development and values working together as a team.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; 401(k) with a generous employer match; and paid time off.
WHY WORK FOR JAMIS?
JAMIS is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Build Innovative Technology
JAMIS takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work With Brilliant People
At JAMIS, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume with the title of this job listing to in the subject line: Jobs@jamis.com