JAMIS is a growing company that has been supporting government contractors for more than 30 years, specializing in Finance and Accounting software. Government contractors deserve technology solutions that improve how they serve their federal customers, not get in the way. At JAMIS Software, we understand the unique requirements of tracking and managing government contracts – from the RFI, to contract award, to staffing through project delivery, accounting, and reporting – while staying compliant with DCAA, FAR, NIST and other industry requirements. That’s why we built JAMIS Prime ERP, a modern and advanced Cloud ERP solution designed to support government contractors every step of the way. We have offices in San Diego, CA; Boulder, CO, Coral Springs, FL, Mahwah, NJ; and Reston, VA. This position is currently being considered for either in-office or remote work.
Due to high growth and a strong focus on customer success, JAMIS seeks an Instructional Designer to design and develop technology-based instructional materials to support the in-person and virtual product learning needs of our internal staff and clients. This position reports to the head of JAMIS Learning and Development and may be located either in one of our JAMIS offices or remote.
- Learns new product functionality and develops supporting end-user training content and artifacts.
- Updates, enhances, and keeps current existing course materials and artifacts.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other internal stakeholders to ensure training content and artifacts meet learning requirements and objectives.
- Incorporates feedback into existing learning artifacts to improve learning results and end-user experience.
- Assists the Training Delivery Manager with e-Learning course design and development.
- Conducts User-Training on JAMIS Prime ERP in virtual settings with the potential of in-person classroom settings.
- Delivers custom training programs that may be required to support Professional Services implementation or JAMIS training events.
- Assists with other functional areas of Training as needed.
- Collaborates with internal team members to identify and satisfy internal knowledge needs.
- Works cross-functionally with Professional Services, Technical Writers, and Development to create documentation.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of JAMIS Products and Services.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of one of the following:
- Three years government contract accounting experience
- Five years of project accounting experience
- Seven years of general accounting experience
- Strong oral, written communication, and listening skills
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Techsmith tools: Camtasia (video editing & creation) and Snagit
- Strong ability to collaborate on projects across multiple departments
- Familiarity with LMS systems
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in implementations of enterprise software applications
- Experience in a corporate training role involving software applications
- Experienced in designing training for business application systems
- A strong understanding of common industry standards and leading practices related to Accounting
- Experience with report writing software tools
- Familiar with Articulate Storyline
- Prior experience with accounting systems such as JAMIS Prime, Deltek Costpoint, Unanet, SAP, BAAN, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, Timberline, JD Edwards, Solomon, or Lawson, or Microsoft accounting systems
- Project Management best practices
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting, Project Accounting, FAR/CAS, and Incurred Cost Submissions
- The ability for occasional travel
What JAMIS Offers You:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We offer a culture that fosters career development and values working together as a team.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; 401(k) with generous employer match; and paid time off.
Why Work for JAMIS?
JAMIS is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Build Innovative Technology
JAMIS takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At JAMIS, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume with the title of this job listing to in the subject line: Jobs@jamis.com