JAMIS Software is looking for a Software Sustaining Engineer that lives in or very near the Fort Lauderdale, FL or San Diego, CA, or McLean, VA areas.
The primary responsibility of the Software Sustaining Engineer is to support specialized ERP software internally and at multiple client sites. You will help with troubleshooting and driving customer bugs to resolution by providing workarounds and guidance.
As Software Sustaining Engineer, you will collaborate with the Development, Support, Product, and QA teams to diagnose troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues and identify problems that may impact multiple customers.
• Provide technical support to internal departments and clients
• Work with support to resolve client escalations
• Perform software testing
• Perform problem analysis to drive to the root cause of a defect/client issue
• Perform work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and manage time wisely
• Interact and work effectively in a team environment
• Be self-motivated with the ability to learn and apply concepts quickly
• Create documentation as needed
• BS Degree in Business Administration (Finance, Accounting, Information Systems) or any other related field is a must; an equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable
• 1+ years of experience in government contracting, preferring a Finance or Accounting background
• Exceptional oral, written, composition, and grammatical skills
• Exhibit strong decision-making skills and the ability to grasp and communicate complex concepts quickly and independently
• Experience developing and maintaining relationships and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Ability to operate in a fluid environment and comfortable with high levels of uncertainty
• Ideally would have a strong understanding of common industry standards and business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Invoicing), Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfillment), and Business Intelligence.
• Excellent command of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to proactively manage priorities and goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to pass a background check
WHAT WE OFFER
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; 401(k) with generous employer match; and paid time off.
No relocation is applicable for this position.