Systems Administrator with experience in the software development environment including hosted servers and SaaS environments. This position will be in our office in Tysons Corner, VA.
This Systems Admin position includes supporting networks, Windows Servers, IIS, SQL and end user PCs for internal and some customer site locations. This position will report to the Director of Internet Services and assist in supporting software development, QA and customer support teams. Direct interaction with prospective and active customers to perform discovery, assess requirements and effectively communicate solutions is expected. Anticipated travel for this role would be mostly limited to multiple offices in the DC metro area but could include occasional national travel.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Securing and hardening the systems for which they are responsible
- Timely Monitoring for Intrusions and other vulnerabilities to could affect proprietary information systems a data
- Timely follow up with management with any expected system or data compromises and/or system failure
- 2-4 years of systems administration experience
- Configure, Install and Support custom software in Microsoft server environments
- IIS, MS SQL Server, Active Directory
- Citrix XenApp
- Managing servers in a virtual environment, VMware or other
- Remotely maintain servers in a datacenter environment
- Assisting with planning moves or new build-outs
- Maintaining network and data center documentation
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Ability to identify basic network equipment – Firewalls, Routers, Switches
- Ability to identify basic parts of servers – memory, network card, hard drives, etc.
- Citrix Xenapp or MS Remote Desktop environments
- Backup Exec or Veem backup technologies
- VMware or other virtual server environments
- Working knowledge of SAN storage technologies
- Microsoft Server Products including Exchange, DNS
- VPN or Ipsec tunnel experience
- Any experience with cloud-based development and deployment in AWS or MS Azure environments.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
Note: We sincerely appreciate your interest! Due to the heavy volume of applications we receive only those candidates selected for further employment screening will be contacted by our office. No phone calls, please. Sorry, no relocation can be provided.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCC