JAMIS is a growing company that has been supporting government contractors for more than 30 years, specializing in Finance and Accounting software. Government contractors deserve technology solutions that improve how they serve their federal customers, not get in the way. At JAMIS Software, we understand the unique requirements of tracking and managing government contracts – from the RFI to contract award to staffing through project delivery, accounting, and reporting – while staying compliant with DCAA, FAR, NIST, and other industry requirements. That’s why we built JAMIS Prime ERP, a modern and advanced Cloud ERP solution designed to support government contractors every step of the way. We have offices in San Diego, CA, Boulder, CO, Coral Springs, FL, and Reston, VA.
JAMIS is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Cloud Engineer who is passionate about cybersecurity, cloud technologies, and problem-solving in IT and SaaS environments in deploying state-of-the-art cloud ERP systems. This role is for those who thrive in hands-on, challenging environments, solving complex IT problems daily while coordinating with a team. This will be a hybrid role, not fully remote.
This position is based in either Huntsville, Alabama, or Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (I prefer an Eastern Time Zone location), and I can work both in an office and remotely. This position will report to the Director of Network Operations and support other departments such as software development, QA, and customer support. There will also be direct interaction with customers to perform operations on their local servers. This is an integral role in our IT team and a part of a forward-thinking team, working on cutting-edge cloud software, and contributing to meaningful projects. If you’re looking for a role where you can make a significant impact, we’d love to have you on our team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide advanced technical support for both hardware and software issues, ensuring high availability and performance.
- Manage and maintain networks, Windows Servers, Microsoft SQL, IIS, Containers, and a full range of supporting applications, utilities, and monitoring, etc.
- Deploy and support our cloud-based ERP solution, focusing on AWS and CMMC/FedRAMP compliance.
- Directly engage with key customers for operations on local servers, offering exceptional service and support.
- Collaborate with software development, QA, and customer support teams to enhance system functionality and reliability.
- Implement and manage robust cybersecurity measures across all systems and networks.
- Perform installations, upgrades, and maintenance tasks, ensuring minimal downtime and maximum efficiency.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or a related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in progressively complex systems administration roles, with hands-on experience in cybersecurity and cloud environments.
- Expertise in AWS, CMMC/FedRAMP compliance, and a broad range of contemporary IT and SaaS technologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft environments, Active Directory, M365, and Entra ID integration and management.
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure – firewalls, routers, switches, and server hardware components.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Attention to detailed technical items.
- Communication skills for a widely distributed environment.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a small team environment is a must.
OTHER DESIRED EXPERIENCES:
- Experience with Microsoft IIS, SQL Server, MariaDB, and remote desktop environments.
- Familiarity with Backup Exec, Veeam, VMware, or other virtual server environments.
- Backup Exec or Veem backup technologies.
- Availability for after-hours support on a limited basis.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. We offer a culture that fosters career development and values working together as a team. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; 401(k) with generous employer match; and paid time off.
WHY WORK FOR JAMIS?
JAMIS is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated, technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume with the title of this job listing in the subject line: Jobs@jamis.com