Distribution Management Suite
JAMIS. GovCon Software.
- Procurement & Inventory
- Requisition Management
- Inventory Management by Project
- Provides Reporting & Drill Down
- Automate Supply Chain
- Flexible Purchase Order Approval
- Audit Trail of All Purchasing Transactions
The Distribution Management Suite (Procurement & Inventory Management) is an optional suite for managing the complexities of distribution, such as purchasing, ordering, tracking inventory, filling orders, and supporting customers.
Our distribution software is integrated with our core financial modules to deliver real-time measurements of your procurement activity. Contractors must purchase supplies and services from responsible sources at fair and reasonable prices. The Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) (10 U.S.C. 2306a and 41 U.S.C. chapter 35) requires contractors to submit certified cost or pricing data if a procurement exceeds the TINA threshold. The JAMIS Prime Distribution Suite provides you with the tools to pass a Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR).
- Requisition Management
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Management by Project
The Purchasing Management module automates your supply chain and reduces the cost of acquiring materials. JAMIS Prime automates the entire procurement process—organizing vendor quotes, issuing purchase orders, receiving orders, creating AP vouchers, and analyzing results. Web-based functionality makes it easy to deploy throughout your entire supply chain and involve everyone in your organization.
- Flexible Purchase Order Approval allows you to create different approval rules based on the type of order, vendor information, order amount, project and other order-specific information. Purchase orders must be approved by a designated person before they can be printed and sent to the vendor.
- Supports partial and consolidated receipts and vouchers—purchase orders can be partially filled, completely filled, or consolidated from multiple purchase orders into a single receipt. Automatically creates accounts payable vouchers when goods are received for complete, partial, or consolidated orders. Multiple receipts can be consolidated into a single voucher and multiple bills can be entered for a single receipt. Pricing information can be modified during the bill entry in Accounts Payable.
- Supports small business subcontracting compliance and reporting
- Supports vendor selection and performance analysis—allows you to track vendor quotes and delivery times; can use statistical information to automatically produce purchase orders and analyze vendor performance.
- Provides Reporting and Drill Down—a complete set of inquiry screens and auditing reports help you analyze your purchasing history. Report and inquiry screens allow you to drill down to the original transactions.
- Supports blanket orders so you can aggregate several orders to receive a volume discount or stock hard-to-get items. After creating a blanket order, you can create several purchase orders that refer to the blanket order and reduce the amount of the blanket order balance. As you enter purchase orders, JAMIS Prime automatically checks for open blanket orders and provides the option to link to them.
- Provides a complete audit trail of all purchasing transactions. After a transaction is released, it cannot be deleted—to correct mistakes, you must enter a transaction to reverse the incorrect entry. The system keeps the details of all purchasing transactions, including the user who entered the transaction, the user who approved the transaction, and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by having notes and supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.
The Requisition Management module allows you to organize and simplify the way you gather purchasing requests, obtain vendor bids, create quotes, approve quotes, manage purchases, and fulfill orders for internal or external clients.
Integration with other JAMIS Prime modules eliminates paperwork while providing sales, service, shipping, receiving, management, and others with visibility into your requisition process. Since JAMIS Prime requires no client software and is priced by server, you can keep costs low while involving everybody who needs to be part of the process.
- Automate Requests – Saves time and eliminates paperwork by automating the process of collecting and fulfilling requests for internal consumption and for external distribution. This entire process includes collecting orders, obtaining supplier bids, sending sales quotes, approving quotes, issuing purchase orders, receiving goods, fulfilling orders, creating invoices, and collecting payments.
- Workflow and approvals – Organizes how your departments and team members participate in the requisition process. Approval maps and authorizations ensure that the right people are alerted when they need to perform activities to process orders promptly.
- Controls and manages vendor bidding, including managing support documentation. Eliminates paperwork and speeds the bidding process by emailing requests for proposals to multiple vendors. Provides the option of awarding the entire proposal to a single vendor or selecting multiple winners for different line items on the request. Enables capturing and managing the vendor bidding process through vendor award, including lead and promise dates.
- Uses predefined request classes that enable you to set requisition defaults to simplify data entry and reduce error rates.
- Includes predefined request lists that allow you to limit requests to a specific set of inventory items; users can select only items from the predefined list.
- Gathers requests from multiple sources and bundles them together in a single requisition if they are for the same cost objective.
- Enables you to create rules to approve requests based on a variety of criteria, such as job ID, quantity and request amount.
- Creates purchase orders automatically as you approve requisition quotes; purchase orders can be tracked within the purchase order management module.
- Provides a complete audit trail of all transactions, including the user who entered the transaction, the user who approved the transaction, and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by having notes and supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.
The Inventory Management software module provides real-time access to available inventory, inventory in transit, reorder quantities, and inventory costs, enabling you to efficiently manage your distribution process to improve customer satisfaction while maximizing profits.
Inventory Management software is a key component of the Distribution Suite and is integrated with the Contract/Project Management Suite and the Purchasing Management module.
- Multiple Valuation Methods—allows you to value your inventory using standard cost, moving average, FIFO, and item specific methods. A set of report and inquiry screens provides up-to-date valuations and allows you to make direct adjustments to cost and physical inventory count
- Manages multiple warehouses with location-specific inventory quantities, allocations, and costs. Specify access rights for each warehouse to determine who can access warehouse information and enter inventory transactions. Assign multiple warehouses to specific inventory accounts to trace inventory valuation in the GL, and use warehouses to separate/isolate project inventories that are not to be shared as common inventory.
- Tracks inventory by lot or serial number. Lot and serial numbers can be assigned or entered manually when you receive, issue, or assemble inventory items. Inquiry screens and reports give you the option of looking up the lot/serial item history.
- Inventory Bin/Location Control—allows you to create a physical and logical warehouse structure using inventory bins and location controls. For each warehouse location, specify the types of items and transactions that are allowed, the picking priority, and the cost of the items. Report and inquiry screens allow you to see available inventory and allocation details for each inventory location.
- Expiration Date Control—allows you to assign an expiration date for each lot and serial number so expired items can be deducted from your list of available inventory. Can automatically issue items with the earliest expiration date to minimize losses. Reports and inquiry screens allow you to monitor expiring items.
- Transaction Reason Codes—allows you to assign reason codes to inventory transactions to measure trends and spot problems. Reason codes can be linked to operational reporting.
- Physical inventory count organizes your goods based on ABC codes and movement classes and conducts a regular cyclic count of your inventory. Items that are included in the count are locked in inventory and no operations that affect warehouse quantity are allowed. Once the count is completed, you can continue the operation and enter the count result later. Once the count results are entered, the system will generate appropriate inventory adjustment based on historical snapshot.
- Inventory and Warehouse Security—allows you to control which users and roles can view and create transactions for inventory items and inventory warehouses to improve the accuracy of the data entry and enforce inventory control.
- Provides a complete audit trail of all inventory transactions. After a transaction is released, it cannot be deleted—to correct mistakes, you must enter a correcting transaction to reverse the incorrect entry. The system keeps the details of all Inventory transactions, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by having notes and supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.
Inventory Management by Project: JAMIS Prime will be enhanced to introduce additional controls over project-owned inventory. Among the features will be locking down inventories from transfer, support of GFM and physical inventories and cycle counting by project.