The System Administrator will support networks, Windows Servers, IIS, Microsoft SQL and end-user PCs for internal and some customer site locations. JAMIS is looking for a system administrator with experience in the software development environment, including hosted servers and SaaS environments.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a growing and exciting cloud software company.
This position is based in Virginia and has the opportunity to work both in an office and remotely. This position will report to the Director of Network Operations and assist in supporting other departments such as software development, QA and customer support. There will also be direct interaction with customers to perform operations on their local servers. This is an integral role in our Information Technology team. If you want to receive a meaningful work experience that allows you to grow and to thrive in, then we want you on our team!
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues
- Perform installations and upgrades for employees computers as well as our hosted products
- Assist in the administration of infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Create and verify backups of data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer engineering or related discipline
- 2-4 years of systems administration experience
- Configure, Install, and Support software in Microsoft environments
- Active Directory & domain policy management
- Attention to detailed technical items
- Ability to identify basic network equipment – Firewalls, Routers, Switches
- Ability to identify basic parts of servers – memory, network card, hard drives, e.t.c
- Communication skills for a widely distributed environment
OTHER Desired Experience
- Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, MariaDB
- Citrix Xenapp or MS Remote Desktop environments
- Backup Exec or Veem backup technologies
- VMware or other virtual server environments
- Working knowledge of SAN storage technologies
- Microsoft Server Products including Exchange, DNS
- VPN or Ipsec tunnel configuration
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
What we offer
JAMIS values diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, 401(k) with generous employer match, and paid time off.
We sincerely appreciate your interest! Due to the heavy volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for further employment screening will be contacted by our office. Possible minimal travel anticipated for this role. No relocation will be provided.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume with the title of this job listing in the subject line: Jobs@jamis.com