“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
In many cases, the success you achieve can be in direct proportion to the level of effort you put in. But effort, without a proven strategy and tools to measure performance, may lead to just average results. Winning a federal contract can be complicated, and there are many rules and regulations involved. But there are many established industry resources to work with, and several tools you can use to implement a successful business development strategy. Take a look at the following resources and tools available in the industry:
1.) Resources: There are several resources and associations available to government contractors to help aid growth, knowledge, and advancement:
- Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC Website)
- Ninety-eight Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) – with over 300 local offices – form a nationwide network of dedicated procurement professionals working to help local businesses compete successfully in the government marketplace.
- SAM.gov – https://www.sam.gov/
- The System for Award Management (SAM) is an official website of the U.S. government. There is no cost to use SAM.
- USASpending.gov – https://www.usaspending.gov/
- USASpending.gov is the official source for spending data for the U.S. Government.
- Small Business Administration – Office of Government Contracting (SBA Website)
- The Small Business Administration’s Office of Government Contracting & Business Development works with federal agencies to award at least 23 percent of all prime government contract dollars to small businesses.
- National Veteran Small Business Coalition (NVSBC Website)
- Ensure that Veteran businesses are given first consideration for federal prime and subcontracting procurement opportunities
- GSA Schedules (GSA website)
- Acquisitions through GSA Schedules are issued using full and open competition. Prices have already been deemed fair and reasonable, and Contracts are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, reducing evaluation cycles.
2.) Opportunity Identification and Analysis Tools:
- FedBizOpps – https://www.fbo.gov/
- The primary source for federal government contract opportunities that are valued at over $25,000.
- Bloomberg Government (BGOV) – https://about.bgov.com/
- Delivers the information, tools and analytics your team needs to maximize your opportunities and grow your business.
- GovWin (formerly Input, Centurion, FedSources and now most recently Onvia) – https://iq.govwin.com/
- Helps government contractors win more business by providing a centralized and detailed platform for insight into opportunities at all stages of the contracting lifecycle.
- Repperio – https://repper.io/
- A federal pipeline management and market research platform – using predictive analytics to help federal contractors increase win rates.
- Govmates – http://govmates.com/
- Facilitate teaming introductions for any government contractor seeking partners based upon capabilities, past performance, set-asides or other contract-specific needs
- EZGovOpps – https://ezgovopps.com/home/
- Affordable market intelligence tool for finding and procuring federal government contracts.
- Fedmine – http://www.fedmine.us/
- Aggregates data from federal government data sources, and maximizes it for relevancy in various kinds of federally focused organizations.
- ePipeline – https://www.epipeline.com/
- Online government market research and fed bid service to help identify federal government contracts.
Once you have an effective strategy laid out, it’s important to have a good CRM system in place. With an integrated CRM and Project ERP system such as JAMIS Prime ERP, organizations can manage the full government contract lifecycle within one unified source of truth. This unique application offers insight into active opportunities with existing and prospective customers, and full automation of business development processes. Customized dashboards and reports provide real-time data to accurately manage forecasts, and plan strategically. For more information, contact us today at email@example.com. Or alternatively, you can get a preview of the application in our next monthly webinar by registering here.