Partner Post by: WJ Technologies
As we are all aware, Deltek has announced that GCS Premier is moving to Sustaining Support on April 30, 2018. This means that there will be no new software enhancements, hot ﬁxes, service packs, or regulatory updates of any kind once these products transition into this phase.
While a migration to an alternate Deltek solution could be considered, there are a number of other strong industry solutions that are equally worthy of consideration.
- Deliver real-time data?
- Offer powerful business intelligence at your fingertips?
- Operate in the cloud?
- Feature mobile capabilities?
- Provide knowledgeable, responsive, and experienced support?
- Enable you to grow (or scale) and do so in a cost-effective manner?
We encourage you to exercise caution when evaluating opportunities for a quick/easy/inexpensive conversion to another solution. A move from one accounting system to another is one of the biggest projects an organization can undertake. A lack of proper planning is one of the most common reasons that these types of projects fail. Issues you will want to consider:
- The time and resources required from internal sources to implement a new system
- Cleaning up the data and master files from your legacy system for more accurate data before converting
- What type of training and new procedures will be needed for your new system
- Developing a plan to archive data from your legacy accounting system for future access or audit purposes
- Ensuring that your new system will be “deemed adequate” (DFARS 252.244-7006), if your legacy system was approved by DCAA
To find out more about how JAMIS Prime ERP can help your organization, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or register for a demonstration of the application HERE. And to learn more about WJ Technologies and follow their excellent blog posts on the government contracting industry, click HERE.